Speed Planning Your July Family ReunionIf you read the last three articles we discussed the process of speed planning. Speed planning is the process of considering the essential elements of planning an event and getting them down in stone within 15 minutes. Here's what you need to speed plan your family reunion.
1. A Phone (preferably with texting capability)
2. A notepad (digital app or paper and pen)
3. Access to a family reunion planning checklist (follow suggested link in this article)
4. A few family contacts (three or more will do)
5. A large backyard or available park or outdoor recreation area
6. An all-you-can-eat banquet restaurant (preferable with a private room)
7. Family History Video/ Slideshow movie (Consult the family genealogist for content of history video or show pictures or video of all special events provided by each family)
Now create a group text message to be forwarded to all family contacts.
"We're speed planning a family reunion this summer
July 20__." Where, when and what activities would you enjoy?
Synchronize Your Stop Watch App1. Those who reply within the next 10 minutes with doable ideas will be considered.
2. Put the suggested date, location and activities, down in your notes.
3. Ask the family to vote on their favorite date and activities within the next 5 minutes.
4. The first three or four to respond can be considered as members of the family reunion committee.
5. The date, location, and activities most favored get written in stone.
Calculate the CostA wise man once said, "Who would build a tower without first sitting down and calculating the cost to see if he has enough money to complete it?" That said, consider if the suggested activities are financially reasonable and feasible for all households involved. Read previous articles for more speed planning ideas and methods.
Checklist, Activities, and IdeasNeed a family reunion planning checklist? Looking to get inspired? How about some ice breaking jokes and activity ideas. Get the Fun Family Reunion Ideas Book
In Depth Family Reunion Planning BookWant practical money saving reunion planning tips? Fimark's Family Reunion Planner Keepsake and Guidebook. Family reunion planning at it's best. Everything you need to plan organize and manage a family reunion event. Scores of fun family activities. This complete family reunion event planning guide is a workbook and keepsake heirloom for generations to come. The reunion guide includes a timeline planner, checklists, budget list, themes and associated itineraries and dinner programs.
The keepsake features include a signature of ownership page, an event details page, an event planning journal and a family recipe compiler complete with sections to record the history behind the family recipe. Other keepsake features include an heirloom record, family tree worksheets, and other genealogy worksheets. The reunion planning workbook includes planning tutorial for individual planners, groups, and committees. There are recommended games and activities, itinerary, survey letter and luncheon/dinner programs. Worksheets also include site evaluation, possible locations and activities, committee organization and departmental worksheets. Recommendation: Get the print copy for keepsakes, recording recipes and notes and the PDF copy to print the digital worksheets.
Family Reunion Planning AppGet the complete family reunion planning checklist and vital event planning tips using Fimark's Family Reunion Planner Social web app. This app has everything you need to plan a memorable family reunion. Themes, activity ideas, itinerary and more. See details here.
#family reunion survey, #FamilyReunionPlanningSoftware #FamilyReunionPlanningApp #JulyFamilyReunionPlanning #JulyFamilyReunion, checklist, budgeting, event planning, family reunion activities, speed plan a family reunion, speed planning,