Showing Deep RespectVisit and write them more often. Express appreciation for specific things they have done. Take the time to take them out and show them off to friends and acquaintances. Speak respectfully and kindly of them. As they get older they may need financial support. Always leave them a little extra. Help them to grow old gracefully. Overlook minor issues while making them feel more secure. Give them reassurance of your love long before they ask for it.
There is another saying. "Honor your father and mother." Yes respect is felt, but honor is shown publicly. How? Being quick, not slow, to reveal the deep respect we have for them within. Always say thank you and openly speak humble expressions of love before all onlookers. Another way is to shower your elders with a cascade of tokens of appreciation throughout the year. That said, after they have paid the price and bore the brunt of our burdens... after they carried the load that we could not carry, it only makes sense to give back in an even bigger way. How can we do that?
Showing Honor Before OthersOne of the best ways of showing honor is planning an event for that very reason and inviting friends and family to attend. When doing so choreograph a series of expressions of honor sure to become memorable moments they won't soon forget. Here are a few ideas that are bound to inspire you and touch the heart of your loved one.
1. Hold an honorary dinner ceremony highlighting specific acts of kindness and love.
2. Sing 2 or more songs dedicated to the life of the honoree.
3. To mothers give a large flower bouquet fit for Queen.
4. To fathers place upon his neck a bronze medal.
5. Have family members recite a poem about the past present and future.
6. Read passages from a family memory book.
7. Tell tasteful stories laced with good humor and gratitude.
8. Raise a long horizontal banner the carries a phrase often spoken by the honoree.
9. Relate how the words and actions of the honoree inspired family members.
10. Have a lineup of young people each saying thank you as they walk by placing the written words .they speak in a keepsake treasure chest.
11. Play a video of special moments in time growing up under the care of those being honored.
12. Take pictures and video and make a keepsake they will enjoy the rest of their days.
There are so many other ways to honor your loved ones each and every day. But this is how you show honor in the most memorable sort of way.