Planning a family reunion in July? You still have time to pull it off. Here are some simple steps to get that event planned, organized, off and running.
First off, avoid being the sole reunion planner. I suggest your start forming a family reunion committee of three or more members. Consider those who you are particularly fond of and are almost certain will attend the event.
Reunion Committee Qualifications
Elect those who have some experience throwing parties, have successfully planned several events, are computer literate and enjoy all things arts and crafts.
Board of Advisers
A family member who has spent some time as a travel agent or tour guide along the east coast would also be most helpful as a travel adviser. Since most of your family don't have children and are at or coming close to retirement age a few should have some time on they're hands. The more help the better.
Regarding Invitations: How your invitations look is not nearly as important as the content. People need to know what they can look forward to at the event. Who will be attending. The activities and entertainment featured. Using a survey find out what the majority enjoy doing. Consider their interests, talents, skills and education.
Popular Reunion Activities: Most families a thrilled when when one of the activities involves a talent show. Others would love putting their arts and crafts creations display. Avid book readers would love to meet published authors in the family. Music lovers would enjoy poetry and piano recitals. Food lovers would enjoy Emeral style cooking and wine tasting demonstrations complete with jokes and live band. Some stand-up comedy in good taste is a great crowd pleaser.
1. Form a family reunion planning committee of talented event planning enthusiasts.
2. Send out an initial survey regarding themes, venue locations and activities.
3. Consult your East Coast travel advisers for the best venues.
4. Collect survey results and vote on theme, activities and location.
5. Rally support and spur enthusiasm by promoting popular entertaining reunion activities everyone will enjoy.
6. Hold online talent hunt contests using Youtube, Skype or Google Hangouts.
7. Send invitations via email. Most folks have one. Send the rest via post mail.
If you're looking for more ideas, templates and worksheets for surveys, committee meetings, to create your family tree, printable invitations and family reunion keepsake booklet designer consult Fimark's Family Reunion Planner Social web app at www.fimark.net.
|Fimark's Family Reunion Planner Social web app|
Happy Family Reunion Planning.