This is amazing. 4,514 family reunion attendees. Congratulations to the Porteau-Boileve family on the biggest family reunion event on record. That's number could easily fill a stadium. Planning your event was no small task. This family was successful on so many levels for 5 basic reasons.
1. They achieved full support
2. They chose a cause everyone could aspire to and a common goal to reach
3. They sent a message to the world regarding the importance of family union
4. They held an event to be remembered and talked about for generation
5. They esteemed basic family values simply by showing up and being counted.
This record is a not one to be broken, but rather a standard to be imitated. A springboard from which to leap and a standard from which to set the bar.
The Porteau-Boileve family is a community in and of itself empowering and inspiring families the world over to stay connected, get organized and remain supportive. http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records-1000/largest-family-reunion/
To all you family reunion planners out there who are still wonder if you can pull off your next family reunion. The answer is... Yes you can! How? Learn from the Porteau-Boileve family. Create a cause everyone can believe in. Aspire to inspire with a theme and common goal. Consider activities everyone will enjoy and talk about for a lifetime, making them want to show up and be counted.
Need help getting started? No problem. Make good use of the family reunion planning tools listed on this blog page.