Activities may include local fund raiser bake sales featuring the season harvest. While you're attending grab not one but two sweet potato pies, a gallon of apple cider and caramel candy apples on a stick. During the month of November trees pass from green to brilliant tones as if each tree was kissed by the fiery sunset sky.
Soon every leaf will find it's way to veritable ground. That said, it's time to plan a fun family leaf raking party. In the neighborhood I grew up trees were a plenty so there was always work to be done stuffing scores of leaf bags until you drop. And drop we did... canon balling right into a mountainous pile of leafs.
Throwing fun leaf raking parties was also our specialty. It was a fun but practical way to get all the kids together, organize games and races while getting a big job completed in little time. The biggest task was feeding the masses of energetic helpers. Pizza, grilled hot dogs and hamburgers washed down with apple cider easily gets the job done. Getting inspired? When planning your Leaf raking party consider the following:
Things you need:
1. A big yard with leaves galore!
2. Rakes and whisk brushes
3. Leaf bags
4. A grill
5. Food and drinks
6. Camera for photos and video
7. Lot's of kids and those young at heart
8. An activities and game itinerary
9. Two food tables and chairs
10. Waste containers
1. Biggest Leaf Pile Contest - Form teams and try to rake the biggest pile
2. Leaf Pile Dome Jump - Try to jump in the center of the pile and remove the dome
3. Leaf Bag Relay Race - Fill as many leaf bags as possible
4. Leaf Bag Filling Race - Try to find remaining leaves and fill your bag as high as possible
5. Leaf Bag moving - Move as many leaf bags to designated spots
Recording The Event:
1. Take photos and video of each event
2. Use video as play by play documentation
3. Make a sports cast game video just for fun
4. Create a slideshow of the event
5. Use photos for scrapbook keepsake
When making your video consider using creative ways to present it. Many video and slideshow applications contain filters and motion settings just like the professionals use. Use grey-scale, slow motion and fade in and out sequencing. I like to start out with normal motion, then cut to slow motion and fade into a still life scene and turn it grey-scale as a way of capturing and holding the memory in time. The presentation really comes to life when background music is added.
Promote November's Family Reunion Planning Month. Family is a big deal. Support and nurture our most precious resource the Family as only family can. Have a Family Fall Fest or plan your next family reunion.Get more information and ideas in the reunion event planning book, 'Fimark's Family Reunion Planner Guidebook and Keepsake'
You'll find great deals on family reunion cruises this time of year at http://bookcheapcruises.fimark.net. Looking for ideas for gifts and awards? http://prepaid-gift-cards.fimark.net
Planning a family reunion? To get more information about Fimark's Family Reunion Planner Social web app click on the link on this blog page or access the profiles page.
Post a Comment